Wednesday 19 September 2012

Art for the passerby


I had no purpose to be there, but recently as I was on my way to Nehru Place, the art display at Kailash Colony metro station forced me to get down and savour them. I was hoping the commuters, amidst the train announcement; texting and phone calls would take a moment to appreciate the effort. However, it was only me who found them so refreshing that I kept on gazing at their beauty, bringing out the shutterbug in me. For a moment, girls busy with their mobile phones looked at me and wondered what was so special about them that kept me hooked on. I wanted to ask them where else in Delhi would they find such beautiful paintings on a metro station. None of the seemingly regulars I asked knew about who painted them, an NGO, an artist or the metro authorities. But I appreciate the brain work of the person who tried to enrich the mundane experience of the daily wait for metro.

The paintings, spread across fences of both platforms bear no signature, no details of the person who came up with the idea. Just as trees bear fruits & flowers without expecting any credit or appreciation in return, these set of 10 odd paintings, are there just to be relished.  Here are a few I captured with my 5MP mobile camera.


Meditation man


A man meditating amidst violet clouds instantly grabbed my attention. We crib about paucity of time for ourselves, the increasing stress in lives. And here was a man, who amidst clouds of pollution & the noisy metro station was looking inside himself, yet connecting with universal energies, on his path to enlightenment.

Colourful trees



It is said that looking at something colourful at frequent intervals relaxes the nerves & enhances efficiency & corporate are investing on paintings at workplace. These paintings of trees but in different hues, immediately transported me into a different world. The tree of life, with its vibrant colours. Life indeed is beautiful!


 
                                                              
Notice the trash!


   Colours of universe, radiating energy!
     Mesmerized by these amazing paintings, I wondered that if our relatively green South Delhi can take such a wonderful initiative, why not other metro stations, especially in concrete jungle areas take a step ahead and beautify the routine metro experience. The next time you are on a violet line, take few minutes & relish the tastefully done station. Suggestions & comments  are welcome.

Mere rang mein bhang!

Splendid!



2 comments:

  1. ITS DONE BY EAST CRAFT DESIGSN PVT LTD.THEY HAVE BEEN DOING ARTWORKS IN DELHI METRO STATIONS FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS.
    WWW.EASTCRAFTDESIGNS.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shaivi,

    Great Article. Let's Promote it. Share this with different people over Internet.

    I am from BlogFeed website and I would like to Invite you to share your valuable blog post on BlogFeed website. Blogs like yours really needs to be share among various platform. This will help your post reach more readers/visitors from India.

    The main reason I am posting this is to make your aware about our website http://blogfeed.in

    The major problem all Site Owners from India are facing today is lack of Traffic and Exposure. This same issue was faced by me over and over whenever I started a new blog. And I have to admit it was heartbreaking and ultimately I used to get depressed. On deep analysis on Google I found out that Most of the new bloggers quit blogging within a year of start due to lack of Traffic and Brand awareness. So I decided to make a platform for Blogger like us to Share our Content with rest of world and drive targeted traffic. So, I created a website http://blogfeed.in to overcome the break point for Indian Bloggers.

    Trough Blog Feed, you can get traffic and visibility without spending a single penny.Blog Feed helps Indian Bloggers and Website owner get targeted visitors from India. Blog Feed is completely free website.

    You can submit content of your blog on our website.

    Benefits you'll get:

    1) Post Sharing over Internet resulting quick indexing by Google.
    2) You'll get Do_follow backlink from our website.
    3) If your articles gets on our Homepage, You'll get visitors from our website.

    Things you needs to know is that we don't promote Adult, Nudity and Gambling stuffs.

    Catch You on Our Website Blog Feed.

    ReplyDelete

Its great to share. Would love to have your valuable comments on my blog...:)