Thursday 4 September 2014

The Ugly Truth

Pic Courtesy:Google Search

I looked at her she looked at me
She looked like a reflection of me

A reflection I detested for its existence
It was hard to cope with my heart’s resistance

She gave me a friendly smile

I had been ignoring her all this while

Thoughts of killing the common link came to me
But it was too late now, the result I could see

Last night could not be reversed
Why did I do it? My sorry self, I cursed

What was mine was no longer just mine.
Non stop sulking inside, I could no longer be fine

This was a face off, my heartbeat increased.
What if someone saw us together? The thought made me freeze

I got up to walk away, to bury the ghost of a wrong decision in the past.
Wanted to end the embarrassment fast.

Her look said the hatred was mutual, we finally came close 
She gave me a scan as if hating my existence, I just froze

She smiled and said "Same day! Same dress!"
"Ya, fashionista sale last night!" I said. My face got pink!

We women leave no opportunity to catch a good sale. We want to get the best bargain and at the same time, want to own the stuff no one else owns. What happens when we bump into someone equally intelligent, wearing the same outfit? This poem was written during the coffee break when I bumped into a girl who was equally embarrassed since we wore the same Kurtis and looked like twins!


Do you have a similar experience to share? Comments are welcome!

4 comments:

  1. I have bought similar clothes with friends. It was a weird experience. We were three actually. And now, none of us like that top. Ha! We should have known!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bought similar clothes with friends. It was a weird experience. We were three actually. And now, none of us like that top. Ha! We should have known!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha.. embarassing though... Its happened with me too..
    I liked the poem.

    ReplyDelete

Its great to share. Would love to have your valuable comments on my blog...:)