Monday 28 May 2018

Easy Eggless Banana Walnut Bread


Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers


Every time I go to a bakery, one thing that attracts me is Banana Walnut Bread and I always give in to the craving. A good book, a mug of coffee and a slice of Banana Walnut bread is all you need on a lazy evening. 

Thanks to motherhood, I am confined to the house these days. Few days ago, as the children went off to sleep late afternoon, I craved for that book-coffee-banana walnut bread moment. And so, the hunt began for the easy eggless recipe. 

Since I baked this bread late at night, I got to enjoy it only the next morning. I then realised that it makes for an excellent breakfast on the go. Unlike the original recipe, I used 100% wholewheat flour and was very impressed by the outcome. Also, I suggest vanilla essence if you don't like the aroma of ripe eggs (Mr. Hubby doesn't!)

The bread lasts 2-3 days if stored in an airtight container, but I can assure you it turns out to be so yum that it will get finished in a day!

Ingredients
Ripe Banana - 2 No.
Walnuts - 1/4 Cup, chopped
Castor Sugar - 5 tbsp
Melted Butter (I used salted) - 1/4 Cup
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp (optional)
Wholewheat Flour/Atta - 3/4 Cup
Baking Soda - 3/4 tsp
Warm milk - 1/4 Cup or as required

Method

1. In a blender jar, take the banana pieces and castor sugar and blend together into a fine paste.


2. In a mixing bowl, take the melted butter. Add the mashed banana-sugar mixture, vanilla essence and beat well into a smooth and light mixture. Wet ingredients are ready.




3. Sieve together the wholewheat flour and baking soda. Dry ingredients are ready.



4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold gently to mix the ingredients. Do not over mix.


5. Add the chopped walnuts and fold slightly.

6. Transfer the batter to a greased and dusted loaf tin and tap the tin once or twice to let the batter spread evenly.


7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree centigrade for 35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.

8. Cool for 5-10 minutes. Then loosen the sides using a knife and demould.



9. Let the bread cool for 10-15 minutes. Then, slice and serve at breakfast or tea time.


Look how soft it is...


Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. You have explained each step very well.I was thinking of baking a banana loaf since a long time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Its great to share. Would love to have your valuable comments on my blog...:)