Saturday 24 February 2018

Easy Eggless Carrot Omlette For Kids


Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers



I loved Omelettes as a kiddo. They were an answer to my midnight hunger pangs during exam time. However, last year, an hour spent in Mumbai traffic jam behind a crammed up Poultry truck prompted Mr. Hubby and I to give up eggs.

These days I am trying to introduce various flavours to my toddler son as I believe, introducing varied flavours to kids by the age of five develops them into less picky eaters. While I wanted him to relish a nice fluffy Omelette, I found a way out to do so the eggless way! The best part is one can also play hide and seek successfully with veggies and the little prankster will happily eat it all without any fuss!


Sounds like a relief to the moms na! So let's get started...

Ingredients (Makes 4 Omelettes)

Gramflour/Besan - 2 tbsp
Carrom Seeds/Ajwain/Ova - 2tsp
Asafoetida/Hing - a pinch
Coriander Powder/dhaniya - 1 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Black Pepper Powder/Kali Mirch - 1tsp
Carrot - 1 small, finely chopped
Onion - 1 small, finely chopped
Green Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp, chopped
Water - For the batter
Refined Oil - To toast

Method

1. In a bowl, take gramflour. Add asafoetida, coriander powder, carrom seeds, black pepper powder and salt to taste. (Asafoetida and carrom seeds are excellent for digestion).

2. Add water and make a slightly thin batter. Remove any lump.

3. Add the chopped onions, chopped carrots and chopped coriander leaves and mix well. The batter will thicken a bit so adjust consistency to that of a dosa batter.


4. Heat an iron tawa/nonstick pan sufficiently. The way to a perfect Omlette is to have a sufficiently hot and greased pan. Personally, I am trying to do away with non stick cookware hence I stick to my good old iron tawa.

5. Using a round spoon, pour a spoonful of batter on a greased tawa and spread using circular movements.

6. Flip over the Omlette when one side is done and cook the other side as well. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes till the Omlette turns crispy from one side.

7. Tasty and healthy eggless omlette is ready! Serve it with ketchup/green chutney or as my son prefers, just like that!




1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! Will try this for sure !!

    http://www.bootsandbutter.com/

    ReplyDelete

Its great to share. Would love to have your valuable comments on my blog...:)