Monday 21 May 2018

Easy Eggless Mango Tea Cake

After my last attempt with Eggless Mango Cake received much appreciation, I was motivated to experiment again with Mango. However, I wanted to try something different this time, preferably without condensed milk. So when I discovered this recipe, I was super excited to try it out! Made few variations and to my utter delight, it came out awesome!

I served this at tea time and it became an instant hit! A slightly dense cake, the Semolina gives it a wonderful texture, while the Cardamom flavour is just heavenly! The best part was that the cake tasted even tastier the next day!

Ingredients
Wholewheat flour/Atta - 1 Cup
Semolina/Rava - 1/2 Cup (The original recipe mentioned thin rava however, I had the thick one available so I used that and the cake came out equally good)
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Mangoes - 1-2 No., chopped
Mango emulsion/mango essence - 1 tsp
Grain Sugar - 3/4 Cup
Green Cardamom/Elaichi - 3-4 No.
Curd - 1/4 Cup
Refined Oil - 2tbsp
Warm Milk - 2tbsp
Walnuts - 1/2 Cup, chopped

Method 

1. In a blender jar, take the chopped Mango, sugar and green cardamom and blend into a smooth paste.


2. Transfer the Mango-Sugar-Cardamom mixture to a mixing bowl.

3. Add the curd, mango emulsion and oil. Mix well using a whisk. The wet mixture is ready. 




4. Sieve together the wholewheat flour, rava, baking soda and baking powder. The dry mixture is ready. 


5. Add the sieved dry mixture to the wet mixture and gently fold. If the mixture is too thick, add 1 tsp warm milk at a time and adjust the consistency to a smooth batter neither too thick, nor runny.x

6. Add the chopped walnuts and mix slightly.

7. Transfer the batter to a greased loaf tin. Tap lightly to even the batter.


8. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degree celsius for around 35 minutes or till a knife comes out clean when pricked in the cake. 



9. Demould and cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy the cake with tea or as a dessert. 




The softness test...






1 comment:

  1. I never seen cake like this, but I am guessing that it'll be very tasty in flavour. I am so happy that you have shared its recipe. I'll try it once. Thanks for sharing it.
    same day online cake delivery in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete

Its great to share. Would love to have your valuable comments on my blog...:)