The last two decades have seen a sea change in the way India’s fashion industry operates. Earlier, fashion to us meant replicating the latest fads in the international market. However, over the years, India has not only developed its own industry but has also developed a strong foot front in the global fashion arena.
The credit for this transformation goes to various institutions which provided wings to the Indian dreams, and brought the best in global expertise to its students.
A pioneer in this field is Pearl Academy, India’s largest private institution in design, fashion and creative business.
Founded in 1993, the institute was earlier known as Pearl Academy of Fashion. PearlAcademy provides over 30 under graduate, post graduate and professional programs via four campuses in Delhi, Noida, Jaipur and Mumbai. Keeping in mind the need to be abreast with international trends, the institution has collaborations with global network of renowned institutions such as London College of Fashion, Nottingham Trent University (NTU), Domus Academy (Italy), and NABA (Milan).
The courses are broadly categorized under four schools –
- School of Fashion, Styling & Textiles
- School of Design
- School of Communication, Media & Film
- School of Creative Business
A few interesting facts about Pearl Academy –
- Offers a unique combination of face to face and online learning
- Who’s Next – a full Scholarship for any BA (H) program that also offers an all-expense paid-trip to US to the 10 best upcoming talents in the creative field
- What’s next – a platform that brings together global masters in the design space to discuss the way ahead for the industry
- Famous designer Manish Malhotra is associated as a mentor for School of Fashion, Styling and Textiles (SFST)
- New courses are offered to keep in sync with the dynamic requirements of the industry. Some of the new courses are Fashion & Lifestyle E-Commerce (FLE), Indian Couture (IC), and Global Luxury Brands Management
Over the years, Pearl Academy has been the Alma Mater of many renowned names in the fashion industry, such as Manav Gangwani, Nikhil Mehra, Mandira Wirk, Abdul Halder, Vineet Bahl, Arpan Vohra, Priyanka Modi, Manish Gupta, Vaishalli Shadangule, Gaurang Shah, Sanya Dhir, Divyam Mehta etc.
Continuing its tradition of bringing together the best from industry and upcoming talent, Pearl Academy organises Portfolio, the annual graduating event. Students of graduating batches get a platform to prove their industry readiness.
Portfolio 2015, this year’s event too, will see graduating students showcasing their work in the form of exhibitions, presentations and fashion shows.
Few highlights of Portfolio 2015 –
- Manish Malhotra will be the chief guest for an exclusive fashion show on May 9th. He will award the winners and interact with the alumni
- Launch of new courses - Jewellery Design and Product Design
- Design Immersion Workshops on Product Design, Jewellery Design, Communication Media & Film, Styling, Fashion Media Make-up, Textiles etc
- Panel discussion by School of Creative Business with industry representatives
Details of the event -
May 8-10, 2015
NSIC Exhibition Ground
Gate no. 4
Okhla, New Delhi
Jawaharlal Nehru Marg
So, whether you are a design professional, or a student aspiring to make a career in the fashion industry, Portfolio 2015 is the event for you. Come, and witness the future of design, fashion and business!
Do checkout the offical facebook page of the event at Pearl Academy Official. You can also follow them on twitter @PearlAcademyInd