As a newbie on blogosphere, I used to see the Liebster badge on a lot of blogs & wonder what it was. At first, I thought it to be something Deutsche (since Liebster in German means “dearest”) and I became even more curious. Then slowly, as I became familiar with BlogSpot, I discovered it is an award to encourage upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. As any new blogger would agree, in the initial phase, every follower, every comment is a prized possession, and I remember checking my blogger dashboard before my mail every morning to check for any new comments. And when good comments poured in, they just made my day…Well, they still do & even now, my blogger dashboard takes precedence over my mail!
And before I digress (as usual), lemme come back else Niranjan who has nominated me for this Liebster will wonder how boring and long can one get with a Liebster post! But, hey, one more confession…as my blogging grew up, taking baby steps, I used to look at Liebster posts & wonder, when will I get mine? And I wanna mention 2 things Mr. Hubby often says –
1. Patience pays
2. Accolades come when you genuinely put effort for something without expecting anything back
So, engrossed deeper in the joy of writing, I soon graduated out of the “when will I” phase.
And finally, I get my first Liebster!
For those of you who are still not familiar with Liebster award, here are the terms of the award –
1) Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3) Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4) Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5) No tag backs.
And now, like a celeb giving interview, I take immense joy in answering the questions posed –
11 random facts about myself –
1. I am a diehard optimist
2. Love to steal and eat raw rice from kitchen (and I often get scolded by mom in law for that…L)
3. A day without writing a blog/reading some good ones is a day wasted
4. I like to keep things simple and straight forward (like to call a spade a spade)
5. Flamboyance, hypocrisy, lies and show of attitude – please stay away
6. I am a good singer, atleast the awards say so (though Mr. Hubby prefers the music system in the car..:()
7. Have won national awards twice in poetry
8. Have learnt German and French & would love to learn as many languages as I can
9. Love to bring smiles on faces of people
10. I do a lot of things so that I can blog about them
11. Would love to have the largest possible collection of sarees in the world!
Over to the questions asked by Niranjan,
1) Describe yourself in one word.
2) Why do you blog?
Coz I truly, madly and deeply enjoy blogging!
3) What is the difference between a blog and a personal diary?
Blog is much more than a personal diary – it’s a medium to express one’s feelings and opinions and sharing views with others
4) What do you want to change?
Nothing. I like to take life as it comes
5) What do you like the most?
Exploring new shades of life
6) What would you prefer at any time in your life, love or money and why?
Hmm…only a fool would say “money”, and as for why, well, Bollywood movies are full of answers to that…J
7) What is your weakness?
8) Who is your role model and why?
My mom coz whatever I am and all I have today is owed to her
9) Are you spiritual or religious or none?
Am spiritual and religious
10) What is your goal?
Lots and lots of them in various aspects of life
11) If God asked you three wishes, what would they be?
a. To bring more empathy in this world
b. To make Delhi a much safer place for women
c. 3 are not enough, gimme another 3…J
Thanks Niranjan for the nomination! I enjoyed answering the questions….:) And as for passing the baton, well, most of the bloggers I know have already received Liebsters from other blogger friends, so I will have to rack my brains to come up with some names!