Sunday 20 January 2019

Easy Eggless Mawa Suji Cake

I discovered Mawa Cake after moving to Mumbai. Once you eat Mawa Cake, you will realize you never had anything like this before. Soft, crumbly and aromatic, a Mawa cake is the perfect accompaniment for teatime. While initially I pampered myself to the Mawa Cake from the local Bangalore Iyenger Bakery nearby, once I discovered this recipe on Gayathri's blog, I decided to give it a try albeit tweaking the measurements a bit. The cake came out great and was happily finished the same day by my family.

This is how I made Eggless Mawa Suji Cake



Ingredients
Fine Rawa - 2 Cups
Mawa - 3/4 Cup
Curd - 1/4 Cup
Milk - 1/3 Cup or to taste
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Cardamom Powder - 1.5 tsp
Butter - 1/2 Cup
Powdered Sugar - 1 Cup, or to taste
Chopped Nuts - 1/3 Cup

Method 

1. Cream melted butter and sugar until light and frothy.



2. Add the mawa and mix well. 


3. Add curd and cardamom powder and mix well.



3. Add the Rawa and baking powder and mix well. The mixture should neither be too tight nor runny. Slightly dense is how I would describe it.





5. Transfer to a baked cake tin and bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for about 45-50 minutes.

I cannot describe the heavenly aroma in my kitchen when the Cake came out of the oven. The cake was yummy and soft.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Its great to share. Would love to have your valuable comments on my blog...:)